East Isles navigation

From: Martin Hawley <Martin_at_hawley70.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 21:27:41 -0000

Well nice ideas from MOB on the roving sunflower, will be going IMG. I = am reading "The Roof Of Voyaging" by Garry Kilworth at present. It is = without a doubt THE East Isles book for ideas, they use wind names for = navigation rather than directions from a compass, in other words you = sail into X wind direction, I feel this could be used in the East Isles = perhaps with some wacky names?? There are even some groovy charts = showing these winds, plus loads of Polynesian deites and star = constellations, which would prove a good source of plundering for those = running or planning an East Isles campaign. Oh yes it is well writtten = to and a good read, we even get to meet some weird scots and picts from = a translocated Albion... weird...
 cheers
Martin Hawley =20

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 = HTML//EN">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2>Well nice =
ideas from MOB=20
on the roving sunflower, will be going IMG. I am reading &quot;The Roof = Of=20
Voyaging&quot; by Garry Kilworth at present. It is without a doubt THE = East=20
Isles book for ideas, they use wind names for navigation rather than = directions=20
from a compass, in other words you sail into X wind direction, I feel = this could=20
be used in the East Isles perhaps with some wacky names?? There are even = some=20
groovy charts showing these winds, plus loads of Polynesian deites and = star=20
constellations, which would prove a good source of plundering for those = running=20
or planning an East Isles campaign. Oh yes it is well writtten to and a = good=20
read, we even get to meet some weird scots and picts from a translocated =

Albion... weird...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D2>&nbsp;cheers</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2>Martin=20
Hawley&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>