Ancient Sun Dome

From: Bernuetz, Oliver: WPG <Bernuetz.Oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 17:12:00 -0500

MOB wondered:

>Of course, other than the
>Praxian SDT which has been there since the Second Age,
>I'm not exactly sure what other SDTs there might be anymore
>(except the very recent one in Dragon Pass).

Why the glorious Sun Dome Temple in Elkoi has been there since sometime between the 1080's and 1120. That just puts it in the Second Age. Of course there are those who would say a beehive dome of rocks sans gold doesn't count as a Sun Dome Temple but it is the main temple to Yemalio in Balazar. I can just imagine some incredibly lost Yemalian being led by his "Seek Sun Dome" spell to a decidedly rustic heap of rocks and being quite upset about it.

On a more serious note I believe that Balazar would have come from a Sun Dome Temple in Vanch. Exactly where that would have been and what the religion was exactly like are good questions though.

Regards,

Oliver D. Bernuetz
www.geocities.com/timessquare/realm/5545 bernuetz.oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca