Re: Compasses

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 08:53:02 +0100

MOB:

> I like Nil's idea a lot, especially how it bolsters Haragalan arrogance!
> Are these compasses a really big secret (the Haragalans snigger behind their
> hands at everyone else's clueless attempts to sail in the right direction,
> while their sailing exploits are looked on ith wonderment and awe), or are
> they well-known, the source of much jealousy and Haragalan pride, possibly
> even available for purchase orh h at truly fantastic expense?

Good question!

If the compass is a stick of Haragalan wood in the bowl of water from Lumvoxoran's pool it's probably known and envied (I don't see the Haragalans as secretive types when they can boast something instead). Of course you can purchase one! You just need to join your island to the Haragalan Commonwealth and establish a temple of Lumavoxoran on your home turf. Now, your island deity may take exception to that...

Bravo to Keith Nellist for the funniest post in a long time! (the mystic's letter of complaint).

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/