Sartar and Dragons

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 16:39:44 +1300 (NZDT)

Joerg Baumgartner:

>I asked whether the coincidence in the dates of the arrival of Sartar and
>the Green Dragon might be more than mere coincidence.

Me>>It could be plausible if the Green Dragon was connected with Trade
>>and Communication as Sartar was. But since he's stuck in a remote
>>portion of Dragon Pass, I'm sceptical.

>Sartar's main power was not Trade, but Change.

I refer you to Questlines II where it is stated that Sartar was attempting to become a God of Trade. And the Green Dragon has sat in the wopwops for 150 years which seems to be exemplary of stasis to me.

>We know that at some point of
>his career Sartar gained the support of dragonkind too, at least when he
>became King of Dragon Pass, possibly already earlier in preparation for the
>founding of Boldhome.

Boldhome was built with the help of Dwarves. If perchance you are alluding to the Dragon that fought the Bat over Boldhome, then I should point out that this wasn't green and it was destroyed.

>Hon-eel had a known draconic connection, too, the Snake-whiskered Dragon of
>Losdolos Angsur.

She didn't get it in Dragon Pass and on her death it returned to Doblian. It's not connected with the Red Dragon AFAIK so any hints that the appearance of the Red Dragon was connected with HonEel's arrival in Tarsh are amusing but wrong IMO.