Shargash and Storm

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_sprint.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 15:28:16 -0800

> Date: Fri, 25 Dec 98 23:36 MET
> From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
> Subject: Shargash, Silver
>

> You might as well call Shargash a degenerate form of Storm worship.

Shargash is not storm; he is much much more than just that. He is a sky god not an air god like Orlanth. He is a planet. He is death, war, devouring, rebirth, growth, fighting, anger, thunder...

It can be argued that Orlanth is a degenerate form of Shargash as Orlanth has thunder and some death and growing, fighting but not the rest of it. Of course, don't try to tell an Orlanthi that.

Wesley

:-)

Joyeux Noel et Bonne Annee (though I don't remember the correct spelling for 'year' en francais)