Re: Shargash sources; the Underworld

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 00:07:13 -0800

Chris Bell admitted

> So far, great responses on the Orlanth vs Shargash thread! What I know of
> Shargash comes from GROY, so forgive my benighted barbarian ignorance :)

Not when it's so easily remedied... Enclosure 1 and 2 are both still available (the first issue has lots more Shargash material, but the 2nd has some too).

> I'm also looking for a copy of Enclosure 1 for the Shargash myths and
> RQ3/Pendargon cult info. I can order that from Wizard's Attic, right?

Yes. (Or from Neil Robinson, but he may still be on vacation).

Pam Carlson wonders

> do we realy know what the whole underworld
> looks like? It's not really a physical map - it must be more a continuum
> of myths.

I believe there are useful maps (created by Arkati, God Learners, and Lunars).

But I suspect they may be in the form of digraphs (directed graphs) -- a bunch of nodes consisting of a small area with geography, linked by paths. So you could get around, but you couldn't draw a line between any two places and determine what's between them.