Ancestors again

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 14:00:48 EST

It seems the general opinion is in favour of adoption. I feel it should be a nasty thing to do to your ancestors; you are effectively betraying them. Perhaps each ancestor should be defeated somehow when encountered (for example by random ancestor summoning) or in an axis mundi if the character ever became a Shaman. Also, adopted ancestors would never be friendly and would need to be won over.

It makes me think of Humakt cutting his family ties, and Daka Fal is not keen on Humakt.

I think ancestor worship is interesting as most woshippers will have a different set of ancestors to the shaman, unless they are siblings, this means that you are effectively only honouring and worshipping on lot anyway.

Keith Nellist