RE: Closing and Sea Communications

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 18:41:10 -0000

>Given that the Closing is meant to affect ships and that if the
>Closing affected everything on the ocean, it is strange that
>Belintar did not teach others his secret after he became Pharaoh.

I don't see the secret of "falling out of another world and swimming ashore" as being a really great secret to know. I've never needed it.

>The Closing is not the Syndic's Ban (which does affect
>magical communications). It only affects ships.

Is that a presumption, or are there documented instances of any other forms of travel (flight, swimming, teleport, submarine, etc.) not being affected by the Closing?

philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk
http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/
Failure is not an option, it's integral to the o/s.