RE: Ancestral connections

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 18:41:01 -0000

>One of the players has a Praxian
>barbarian character (no blood relation).
>Can he just be ritually adopted...

There are reasons why it says that the person must be a blood relative, it wouldn't make the exclusion if any tom dick or harry could be adopted into the family. It must be a very serious commitment. I'd say he would have to marry into the clan and be something like an under-husband.

>Is this what happens when a non-troll becomes a troll ?

I don't think humans have anything as profound as the trollish adoption. That's following Arkat's quest, IMO.

>If he is adopted what position do his other blood ancestors take?

I don't think they'd be impressed.

philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk
http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/
Failure is not an option, it's integral to the o/s.

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #375