dwarf items

From: Ian Thomson <gpo.swin.edu.au_at_lucy.cc.swin.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 13:04:30 +0000

Hello

I'm kitting out a dwarf (Flintnail) PC
The rest of the PCs are civilised or semi-civilised humans, and the players are happily living with an early Renaissance-level society as the highest level of culture they have any familiarity with (Lunar Empire, Ralios)

So, they know about fine weapons and crossbows, and good armor, even if they don't actually have any

For game atmosphere I'd like to kit this dwarf with a few unusual items, but nothing hugely game imbalancing (well unless its an excellent idea of course) :)

Here's my (short) list as an example, and I'd appreciate any other ideas that are useful, amusing, or interesting etc. These are all meant to be things easily available to Flintnail dwarfs in Pavis that are of professional level rather than just lackeys (this guy is a mason)

Tin waterbottle
Dwarf tags (name, ID, Maker's number etc) Flintlock fire-starter
Nodding bird mantle-piece ornament
Rock pick and metal pins and boot grips for rock climbing Metal fixtures for using rope as a pulley

thanks :)