Re: Ancestor Worship

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 18:56:44 EST

Thomas Hobday:

<< I accept that initiation into the ancestor worshipping cult would be
required but is it Possible.>>

     I was unclear: the initiation I was referring to was not into the cult, but into the clan within which this specific cult operates. Once one has done that, one can then go and join the ancestor worshipping cult as a second step.

<< Under the restrictions for becoming initiated it states that you must be a
blood relative thus I would assume if you arent then you dont qualify>>

     IMO, in at least some cases (there will be exceptions) it is possible to be adopted into a clan and thus count as a blood relative for all purposes. Of course, you lose all the blood ties to your old clan.

<< and cant be initiated in the same way that if you are a troll you cant be
initiated into Yelm>>

     The Orlanthi are a lot more open than the Dara Happans and don't have the same morbid hatred of Praxians that Dara Happans do of trolls. But there will be some instances where this sort of thing is true because many clans just won't adopt certain types of person, especially non-humans.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky