RE: Physics and Uz lore

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 13:32:18 -0000

> But if you don't like that answer, then presumably earthy stuff
(solid
> objects) like being with other earthy stuff, most of which is underneath
you.
> Since Sramak's river is a vast body of water and lies underneath the world
as
> well as around it, that would explain why liquid things move downwards too
- -
> alternatively they like being with one of the really deep water deities.
This
> also explains why air doesn't sink and why fire moves upwards, towards the
Sky
> Dome. Darkness is presumably sufficiently primal and omnipresent (even if
its
> hiding) that it doesn't feel the need to sink towards Hell.

Somewhere (Sandy's Gold Wheel Dancers writeup?) it says that gold fell towards hell when Yelm was slain, it effectively died, and never recovered. Prior to that, gold was the lightest of elements, and danced and fluttered around. I think the same thing may have happened to lead when Yelm was resurrected.

philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk
http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/
Failure is not an option, it's integral to the o/s.