Ancestors ancestors and more ancestors

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 17:45:26 EST

RE:
<< Voluntary amicable marriage >>

I am in a voluntary amicable marriage:

My wife's parents are not my ancestors.
But they are my son's ancestors.

If my wife were a Shaman I would not be in the same blood line, and would not worship my In Laws ( note: I do not worship them). My son may worship them.

If my son were a Shaman then I would be of the same bloodline and could worship my in laws (but probably would not :)).He could also worship me when I became a spirit (hopefully avoiding being eaten by the Crimson bat which would destroy my soul). My wife could also worship MY ancestors.

If I were a Shaman then I could worship my parents and so could my son. If both my wife and I were Shamen then my son could worship all his ancestors, but at different ceremonies (probably, they might squabble otherwise)

This is as literal an interpretation as I can make about the whole ancestor thing, and the key phrase seems to be "bloodline of the worshipping shaman".. The Shaman is the one who summons a load of relatives at the Axis Mundi, blame him if it's only his ancestors and not yours that turn up. It's his party. Anyone wanting to be adopted by a ancestor worshipping clan could always become a shaman, go and find an ancestral spirit that gets him in with the in crowd and bob's your great great grandfather.

Keith Nellist