Re: Gloranthan Seasons

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 17:40:07 GMT

Oliver Bernuetz:
> I have a problem I'm grappling with. I'm trying to figure our where the
> four terrestial season fit on the Theyalan calendar.

Can we even determine where the four terrestial seasons are _here_ in a manner people will actually agree with? Never happens in my experience... However, conveniently, there's a four season calendar in Gloranthan -- to wit, the Dara Happan one. Since Sacred Time seems to be the start/end of the year near universally, I presume that they correspond as follows:

Week: Theyalan/Dara Happan Season

1-8: Sea/Spring
9-10: Fire/Spring

11-16:  Fire/Summer
17-20:  Earth/Summer
21-24:  Earth/Autumn
25-30:  Dark/Autumn
31-32:  Dark/Winter
33-40:  Storm/Winter
41-42:  Sacred Time

Does anyone find this outrageously unlikely or objectionable?

Slan,
Alex.