birds (ironically, both posts)

From: Steve Lieb <styopa_at_iname.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 12:45:51 -0600

>> However, ASFAIK, Sheng was trapped in a *Lunar* hell, not necessarily the
>> Underworld of Alkoth
>
>Definitely not the Underworld of Alkoth which is distinctly pre-Lunar.

I always thought Duckpoint was "Lunar Hell" - at least that is what all my friends from Glamour say. :)

608.269.6911 n17908 1000000sf 90lb 23pe/104/23pe/v3300 arr 4/14.

>the extreme south of the East Isles, if they can get across the neck of
>the Sea of Fog; Pamaltelan birds may be able to go as far north as
>Teleos, if they can manage a hop of similar length. (Which is actually
>further north than the former, not that that helps much.) Making the
>trans-continental round trip would require a single hop of about
>1500km, which is a little stiff (not sure if there's a terrestrial bird
>that can manage this

Well, the arctic tern goes north pole to south pole every fall, and then back again every spring - a round trip of 24000 miles. Many US East coast birds head out to sea in the fall, riding the trades down to South America, over 1800 miles in 80 hours. Really it depends on the winds - for example the late dark season winds over Teshnos blow southerly - perfect for migration. However the birds' patter would have to counter rotate against the Orlanth Eye - south on the eastern half of Glorantha in Dark/Storm, North again only in late Sea and Fire Seasons. Makes Jrustela a HUGE birder's paradise, as the Southerly breezes are never as strong as the Northerly.

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #382