Ueber-albatross

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 14:53:35 EST

Alex doesn't << have any objection to some sort of ueber-albatross that flies all
 4000km in one go, just for the heck of it, mind you.

I would think the Uber albatross hsunchen would be able to tell you of their adventures but I expect that they were destroyed in the Gods War. Perhaps they just whizz 'round Sramak's River forever. Were they summoned by the Closing to hunt down ships, hence the bad luck associated with the uber-albatross ("uh oh that albatross is onto us!")? Or is Dormal's Open Sea ritual simply an Anti Uber Albatross device?

I seem to recall that prehistoric flying lizards (pterodactyls etc) used surface aerodynamic effects over the seas in order to fly for long periods (like albatross do today) This could be a draconic equivalent.

Keith N.