Re: Closing and swimming

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 18:56:33 GMT

> I think Peter is right, not because Belintar swam
> ashore, but rather beause of the mermen. As airbreathers,
> they live (swim) _on_ the sea, more than _in_ the sea.

They're airbreathers, but they have to breathe on a _hourly_ basis, not a "secondly" basis as a human swimmer does. So they may not be all that directly comparable. Not unlike say a sperm whale, say, to take an extreme example. Like Andrew, I suspect that Magasta's Brats may be "in league with", or instruments of, the Closing, rather than being subject to it themselves.

Slan,
Alex.