Jrusteli in the East

From: peter metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 10:56:39 +1300

David Dunham:

>Oh that's right, there's a land where Jrusteli adventurers boot out the
>obviously weak and corrupt emperor and take over. I'm just starting my
>Jrusteli game, so it'll be a while before my players get there, but any
>thoughts about this takeover would be useful. This is not an everyday
>occurence in Kralorela -- how do the peasants and bureaucracy take it?

The bureaucracy didn't. They were expelled to Ignorance by Priests with new learning. These Priests then took over the running of the country. Most of the peasants survived the changeover.

>Back to East of Prax: were there any geologic changes there which would
>cause me to revise the "standard" map for the Second Age?

Take a look at Trollpak and compare the coastline from the Dawn Age to the Modern Age. Both Hum Chang and Fanzai are connected to the Kralori mainland during the Dawn. When the changeover took place, I don't know but it could be the Dragon's Awakening Shudder.

>The changes I'm
>aware of are all in the west: Jrustela, Slontos, and Seshnela sinking;
>Brithos's disappearance, and the addition of the Kingdom of War to Fronela.
>(I vaguely remember there may be a new island as well, perhaps the Vadeli?)

Two Vadeli Islands: the New Vadeli Islands and the Red Vadeli Islands. You've also missed out the appearance of the Monster Isle of Zis (near Loral) and the movement of Teleos slightly to the Southeast (known only to the best navigators).