Ailing Plants

From: Ashley Munday <Ashley.Munday_at_liffe.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:59:35 -0000

Jane wants a "What's up, oh ailing plant?" spell. One way of doing this is [Warning: Rulesy sort of area turning up, impure thought] is to make the skills First Aid, Treat Disease and Treat Poison and the Heal spirit magic species specific. Then, the representative grain goddesses would teach the appropriate skills and spells to their initiates and Ernaldan initiates could pick it up at the associate rates.

If per species is too specific ["What do you mean, you haven't got Heal Cabbage? It's dying Woman!"] then group 'em together or allow half effect for closely related species ["No, but I have Heal Sprouts 6, it may be enough! Step aside!"].

I always wondered why Grain Goddess initiates didn't have an equivalent of Peaceful Cut or Food Song - say Harvest Song? There again, maybe that's more in Barntar's (Orlanth Farmer to those Solar aspectitus sufferers) line.

Ash