Kralorelan IAQ

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 18:47:26 +0800

>Vormain:
>Gods of Glorantha Prosopaedia mentioned a set of colour related magics that
>were the special provinces of assorted Vormain Gods. What are these?

        We don't know much about them yet. What you can do is work out what particular colours are used for particular sorts of magic, by checking out all the Vormain gods in the Prosopaedia, all of which have a colour associated.

>Kralorela:
>What is the Kralorelan system of government? How closely does it resemble
>the Imperial Chinese system?

        It is more like an idealised Chinese government than a close resemblance. The meritocratic mandarin class is one obvious thing they have in common. The Emperor really IS immortal (or at least so much longer lived than his subjects), providing the stability the Chinese dreamed of. And so on. There are also significant differences, for example the Kralorelan government is more magical in nature.

>What in Glorantha is "Kralorelan Mysticism"?

        A big question. One I'm not game to answer in any detail. Mysticism is a form of magic, like sorcery, shamanism, or divine magic, and as different from those three as they are from each other, maybe more so. Kralorelan mysticism is a rough term describing the forms of mysticism used in Kralorela, which includes several mysticism variants, some of which are used in other parts of Glorantha as well.

>Is there a Kralorelan equivalent to Confucianism?

        I don't think there is a direct analogue. The worship of Godunya has some similarities, but they may be fairly superficial.

>How closely does Kralorela resemble the China known by Li Kao and Number Ten
>Ox? : )

        In general flavour? Quite a lot. In specifics, fairly little.

	Cheers
		David