Zombie

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:13:47 EST

<< << >6) Zombie galleys. They're cool. Where do they come from?

  Kralori corpses.>>

      Well, duh. I mean, where do they get the corpses from? Are they executed  criminals, or is actually considered something of an honour for your physical  remains to continue serving the Emperor even after your soul has departed, so  that able-bodied corpses are donated to naval officials by relatives? Or  something else? And is there a Zombie Reanimation Department within the navy,  or is it a separate (presumably non-chaotic) cult which might use zombies for  other purposes too? >>

If zombies are always Kralori corspes then it would look like either an honour for loyal Kralori or a special punishment for traitorous Kralori. Perhaps both options are used, on the quiet, to keep up the numbers. Either way I think they should be "proper" zombies with the spirit of the original owner bound in them (not Zorak Zoran zombies). I have a vision of them all collapsing whenever an Emperor goes to the next stage of existance. It is the equivalent of the Excellent Palace of Pleasant Reward for workaholics. It ensures that a soul Passes On. Anyway Unrelenting Service to the Holy Ones is the secret of Kralori happiness.

"Godunya magic" could be used to create the zombies.

I imagine the bodies would wear out with all that rowing and would expect there to be a maintenance crew constantly sticking bits together- they have their own mystic religion: "Zen and the Art of Zombie Galley Slave Maintenance"

Keith N.