Seasoning.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 18:12:33 GMT

Oliver rashly ignores my timely weather-safety country product-recall:

> >Your country is faulty. Please have it returned to the shop for
> >reconditioning!

> Actually only parts of it. Don't forget Canada's almost as big as
> Europe so we get lots of different kinds of weather.

In other words, your country has _multiple_ intermittent faults! ;-) For comparison, in Cork we had a night that was about -5C recently, and the denizens were _outraged_ at this wanton breach of Gulf Stream protocol...

> >As it's hard to _not_ include ST in spring, when it "wraps around it"
> >like that, you've ended up with an effectively 12.5 week spring, vs
> >a 9 week winter...
>
> I stated before that I felt that Sacred Time was another kettle of
> fish where any kind of weather could occur for mythological/
> religious reasons. For instance:

I think that's fine if you make ST a separate "mini-season", as do the Theyalans and the Dara Happans, but it seems more than a little awkward to have "spring starts; spring, well, sorta pauses; sacred Time; spring resumes; spring ends; summer!" If you're going to but ST in the middle of spring, then _effectively_ you're including it in spring, for calendar purposes.

What weather you get then is another matter, of course. Maybe you should living in the British Isles; I guarantee that'll make you nice and cynical about what weather to "expect" in a given season!

> Is Sacred Time always nice and sunny in Dara Happa?

Probably not. Presumably if ST obstreperously acts like "Storm Season, Part Deux" it's seen as rather ill-omened. Imagine mid-March in (ex-)Soviet Central Asia, or the American Great Plains.

Slan,
Alex.