Re: Seasons and Climate

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 22:43:07 GMT

Keith:
> Am I correct in thinking that with the sun in the north (and therefore
> appearing higher) in the sky over Genertela when it is hottest (fire season),
> and in the South ( and therfore appearing lower in the sky in Genertela) when
> it is weakest that there is more seasonality in the North than in the South.
> This also give equivalents to the Tropic of Cancer and Capricorn which would
> be lines on the surface where the SunPath passes directly overhead.

Alas, all this is kiboshed by the the (apparent) fact that the Sky Dome is effectively infinite in size. It would appear that either: it really is very, very big, unto the point where there's no detectable parallax from one end of the Inner World to the other; or else it's some sort of cheesy magical artifact of the Sky Dome being part of the Outer World, to wit, nearer thy god than thee...

Hope this helps.

Slan,
Alex.