Ty Kora Tek priestesses

From: Roland Volz <roland_volz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 23:52:15 PST

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, Jane Williams said
>TKT reps are weird old ladies who get on better with the dead than >the
living and are definitely not standard practise. I agree. What I >don't see is how this disqualifies them from being the route for >ancestor worship.

I had a discussion about this very topic about a year ago with a player of mine, who happened to be a (male) acolyte of Ernalda, who was unhappy with the spotty level of detail in the descriptions of the various Earth cults and how they relate.

The point was eventually made that, while Ty Kora Tek certainly has many peoples ancestors in her halls deep in the Earth, she is not a channel for the "worship" of those ancestors. Her worshippers deal with the proper methods of "revering" the dead instead.

For example, while Daka Fal is the judge of the dead and determines which Hell they go to, Ty Kora Tek is the "ruler" of one of those Hells. Apparently DF doesn't particularly care whether or not the dead spirits stay there after their assigned, as long as it was a living descendant who brought them back. Ty Kora Tek, on the other hand, with her grim, grasping hands, would rather sweat blood than part with one of the souls in her collection.

Roland