Re: Random thoughts

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 19:43:45 GMT

Jane:
> TKT. I suggested her rep. was the one who did the chatting to
> ancestors, not a non-existent Daka Fal rep. Someone pointed out that
> in their Glorantha at least, TKT reps are weird old ladies who get on
> better with the dead than the living and are definitely not standard
> practise. I agree. What I don't see is how this disqualifies them from
> being the route for ancestor worship.

Not sure if you mean my reply, or Bruce's (which seemed to largely agree, but was certainly put much more evocatively!), or someone else again who may have been saying something quite different... But I think the gist of the comments was that if they were "weird old ladies" it would make them _eminently_ qualified to be a route for ancestor worship, as they would be outside the "patriarchal clan structure", which makes it inconvenient for "normal" women to practice ancestor worship, due to living in the "wrong" clan.

Slan,
Alex.