re: Kralorelan krarshtkids; Orlanthi

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:55:22 -0800

Alex answered

> > How do Kralori Krashti differ from western Krashti?
>
> In not being known to exist, AFAIK, for one. (The "all of Genertela
> and Jrustela" range for them in the Bestiary is noted in the text to
> be speculative.)

While I am certainly prepared to believe there are no krarshtkids in Kralorela*, I see no such note.

Charles Corrigan

> In an effort to start up a campaign (based in Sartar, c.1617) I have been
> trying to understand the normal life of a clansman. The major source that I
> have used is "Report on the Orlanthi"

If you don't have Enclosure issues 1 and 2, you should get them, as they have a LOT of info on running Orlanthi clans.

> How involved in a bloodline will a wife be?

In a legalistic sense, I think she's a member of both. In practice, she's a member of the one she lives with.

> Is a chieftain expected to
> voluntarily retire when he loses his fighting abilities or would the clan
> chuck him out?

What if it's a Peace Clan? I think the only real requirement is that the chief participate in battle. If there's a better war leader, that person should lead the troops.

> Would a clan raid against another clan of the same tribe?

Depends on the clans and the strength of the king. I think a general answer is yes, but not very often.