Chaos

From: Martin Laurie <MLaurie_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 19:36:34 -0500

Benedict Adamson comments:
>Of course, chaos might not officially exist. Like in Dara Happa. =

Chaos does exist in Dara Happa and the Lunar Empire as a whole. However their view of its nature is different =

to the Orlanthi given the differing cultural context. Unfortunately we have to write about both cultures using the =

same language - English. This in effect means that we cannot call the DH=

concept of chaos... "Chaos" as that is =

the Orlanthi defined use of the word. Even the descriptions of the use o= f
chaos in our godlearner write ups of Lunar =

cults like the 7Ms use the term even though the actual members of the cul= t
would not use that term for the magics =

they had access too. =

For example a Sedenya (Red Goddess) priestess would simply view the use o= f
chaos magic as tapping into the =

One that all things were made of. To them this is not inherantly evil. = To
the Orlanthi and therefore to us, the word =

"Chaos" is intrinsically a bad thing. =

I think to be honest that Greg has hit the nail on the head with his use = of
the terms "Gods" and "Antigods" to describe =

the the gods that fall into the categories of "good" or "bad". Even th= is
is perjorative however. =

Martin Laurie
  =