re: Orlanthi chiefs

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 23:34:41 GMT

David Dunham opines, reasonably enough:
> As to female chiefs, I don't think they have to be warriors.

It's noted in KoS that a chief doesn't have to be a lawspeaker, if she has someone to do that for her. I think that the same principle may well apply to many of the other manifold functions of a chief: if you have a fighting companion, or a communicating companion, or a providing companion, then you can slide by without much competence in that one particular area yourself. In formal terms, this is likely to vary a little from clan to clan, depending especially on what form the Chief Tests take. Pretty good guess that you don't often get to become Varmandi Chieftain with being a bit 'ard, for example.

Sl=E1inte,
Alex.