Re: Orlanthi Clans

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 00:17:44 GMT

> I am pleased to see that nearly everyone has a slightly different
> view/interpretation of how clans and bloodlines work. This would seem to
> accurately reflect the state of Orlanthi culture quite well. (ie no one agrees
> on anything)

That's a very wise statement from young Keith. I reckon that a large number of clans are someplace between the "odd" and the outright heretic, in terms of some element of normative Orlanthi behaviour, whilst (usually) being near-bog-standard in every other respect. If you keep dogs, elect only Ernaldan chiefs, have some unusual method of tracking kinship, or whatever, then you neighbours will gossip about your weird ways, and some of them might despise you for it -- but what Orlanthi clan worth its breath doesn't have enemies, or get dissed by those less glorious and distinguished than themselves?

Slan,
Alex.