Kartolin

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:43:36 +1300

Jim Gould:

>I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on something that I found in
>DLoD. The map positions Castle Kartolin south of Arkat's Last Tower. This
>makes little sense to me if Arkat raised his fort to defend the pass after
>being unable to take Kartolin. Is the map in error or am I confused? Or both?

AFAIK when Arkat's Last Fort was erected, Kartolin was still in enemy hands. Arkat erected his last fort to prevent a Stab-in-the-Back while he went after Nysalor. Kartolin wasn't taken until later by Talor.

>Also, what is the approximate scale of the map?

Comparing the map to three other maps with scales (Cults of Terror, Risklands and the Profile Map), I get the following scales.

CoT:  		1"= 16 km
Risklands:	1"= 37.5 km
Profile:	1"= 65 km