Huan To

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:41:51 +1300

Keith Neillist:

>Given these bits of information it would seem reasonable to assume that
>Huan To are some sort of result of the ancient Kralori government system;
>perhaps they are failed Mandarins?

Given very few people pass the examinations, this would mean a _lot_ of Huan To in Kralorela. Secondly failed candidates can find ample work as scribes because of their literacy.

>There must be some Draconic link, this being Kralorela?

Not really. Kralorela has quite a rich non-draconic tradition - - Metsyla and Shavaya were not Dragons. Dragons really entered Kralori Consciouness with the reign of Daruda. The Kralori do claim that their first two Emperors were Dragons but the East Islers, who were ruled by the same mythical emperors, do not believe this.

Depending on how ancient the Huan To are, they could date _before_ Kralorela was Draconic. However writing seems to have been invented by Mikaday who is post-draconic.

>Are they similar to Dragonewts who turn into dinosaurs because
>they've developed incorrectly? Is it a side effect of too much
>Charismatic Wisdom or Black Lotus Powder? Any other suggestions?

Charismatic Wisdom is a technique of the Immanent Mastery and would date no earlier than the God Learner Occupation. It cannot be responsible for the Huan To.

Black Lotus powder is a produce of Bliss in Ignorance. I do not believe that Kralori Mandarins take drugs as part of their duties. What I do believe is that the Huan To were the bulk of the army of Ignorance when it ruled Kralorela.

>[Question at this point; Is Thang How of Fuknama, who liberated Chang Tsai
>from the Ogre King, a Sister of Justice?]

Probably not. A Sister of Justice is someone who sits in the Law Courts, not fighting battles and liberating cities. Fuknama is a populous city and can be associated with more than one set of heroes.