Atyar

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 08:43:56 EST

<<
 Andrew Bean:

>Isn't the skull of Atyar buried in the catacombs of a Kralori
>city (based on old Cults of Terror) having been found by a
>wandering Lankhor Mhy sage on a tropical island (the East Isles ?).

Peter Metcalfe:
 It may be a fable to mislead. >>

This fable was spread by my Huan To chum, who told everyone that his head was considered small where he came from and that you should see some of the headhunters of kralorela; and that the skull of Tien was buried in a Kralori City and that he had seen it/worshipped it.

Of course it is true because Atyar is a Truth cult. Whatever the REAL truth the skull may no longer be in Kralorela as "some say that the broo Hero, Greegrog, retrieved the skull and was made immortal for his pains." Presumably he took it to Than Ulbar.
There is a monstrous demon that still lives under the city of Tzu Lung that has eccentric whims.....

The other good link with Atyar and Kralorela (apart from the description in Lords of Terror of it as a Kralori cult of occult thieves that spread west in the first age (although Treack Markhor only hid the skull there in the Second Age)) would be the Godlearner/BrainLooter New Dragon Ring. Atyar is an excellent Godlearner cult; Consume Minds, Devour Book, Voice of Atyar all help plunder other peoples secrets.
I would go as far as making Treak Markhor a powerful official in the New Dragon Ring, perhaps ruling a city, or province, as an Atyari 'Exarch'.

Keith N.