New thread: We need a good map...

From: Mark Gagnon <markg_at_etown.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:43:19 -0500

> Comparing the map to three other maps with scales (Cults of Terror,
> Risklands and the Profile Map), I get the following scales.
>
> CoT: 1"= 16 km
> Risklands: 1"= 37.5 km
> Profile: 1"= 65 km

This illustrates a common problem: despite all the loyalty many RQ players have to the game world and the game mechanics, no one can deny that the maps are a source of constant frustration. I've tried numerous times to piece things together to give my players some idea as to scale and distance and landmarks and everytime I've made some glaring and embarrassing error. If Issaries, Inc. can achieve one thing, let it be good maps.

<Rant Mode Off>

Mark