Orlanthi sex customs

From: Thomas Gottschall <Bloodtooth_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:37:41 +0100

Hi everyone,

(isn't this a nice subject ? :-) )

Alex Ferguson:

> I suppose that such variation occurs because Vingkot's and Heort's
> laws (I assume) will say something to the effect of "Don't be going
> and committing incest, now, y'hear", rather than specifying something
> as specific as "thy clans shalt be exgamous", or "thou shalt not
> sleep with thy auntie; thy first cousin, well maybe, especially
> if she's a looker".

Which of course is a good advice. Seriously I think while sex before marriage isn't frowned upon by the Orlanthi it isn't common. I think that most of the women marry before they have sex not vice versa. Why, you ask ? I think that pregnancy without a husband isn't something Orlanthi girls/women want. And parents would like their daughters to be married. I do not care for men as there are Uleria temples. Call me a fool but I think that most Sartarite women are heavy romatic and would want a marriage and of course a proper courtship before. I think this is even something that Orlanthi men would want. If they found their bride-to-be they would court her steeling kisses from her but not more.

I am keen to hear both sides - the men's and the women's (Jane Williams).

Enchanted Forest : http://home.pages.de/~Enchanted.Forest/

"Dance on their graves, dig up their dead, steal them the bones and bring them to me !" Blood-in-his-eyes, Tergavi of the Bloodfurs4