Nochet

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:52:11 EST

Fabrice asks:
 1=B0) At what precise date is the Pharaoh dismembered by Jar-eel ?
 2=B0) In what circumstances (naval combat i suppose) ?
 3=B0) What are the events of the tournament of luck and death ?=20
 4=B0) At what date does in take place in 1616 ?
 5=B0) Anybody has ever seen a map of Nochet ? What is the organization =
 of the
 city ? >>

As far as I understand it Belintar (the Pharoah) somehow changed the Sacrifical King rites of Esrolia and kept on inhabiting the body of the Sacred King, (who was chosen by means of a contest; the Tournament of Luck and Death.) Jar Eel somehow managed to change the rites again and instead of the Pharoah coming out of it with a new body he ended up Razored by Jar Eel (presumably in some Dark Earth role.)
I presume it took place whenever the Tournament happened.

If there is a map of Nochet I haven't seen it - Not Yet anyway. (I don't imagine any Gloranthan has either.)

In 1616 I would imagine a big grain storage/corn exchange type area, expanding docks and shipyards, trader prince mansions, rubble runner fighting dens, Lhankhor Mhy detectives, Humakti with Lottery swords, House snakes instead of cats, Temples to the Husband Protectors, exiled Sartarites, mercenaries to fight the Solanthi army of Greymane, press gangs for the Pharoanic Navy to fight the Nimistor Pirates (the Pharoah loses both these battles), rival Earth priestesses, Teshnan merchants, Vadeli sailors, Malkioni adventurers looking for some land (Heortland as it turns out) etc etc.

Keith N