Re: Lightbringers Quest

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:55:38 EST

Ian Thomson:

<< I hope someone can tell me where to find any detailed info on what the Lightbringers encountered in their quest. >>

     The most detailed account of the Lightbringers Quest is in King of Sartar. Assuming that Issaries can sort out its recent problems enough for HW not to be an entirely dead duck, it is my understanding that this is intended for reprinting in the Orlanthi Myth Book, should you not have access to KoS.

<<Vaguely related - who is the ferryman over the River Styx in Orlanthi Myth?
(Jeset is the Lunar ferryman I believe) >>

     Issaries is the psychopomp for the Orlanthi pantheon, i.e. the god who guides souls to the afterlife. Whether he does the ferrying himself or subcontracts the task to some suitable demigod has not been defined to my knowledge.

<<And is there any detailed information on the Red Goddess Quest?>>

     Not really, although there is an outline of it in the Entekosiad.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky