Re:Jeset The ferry man

From: KEMREN_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 18:38:59 EST

In a message dated 1/27/99 3:45:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-glorantha- digest_at_chaosium.com writes:

Jeset is the Troll God of the Styx, although he might appear in Lunar theology as well... As for the Orlanthi, I don't think they have one. The Styx doesn't really appear in their mythology and so I don't think they need a Boatman for a river they don't know about. At least, I don't _think_ the Styx appears in their myths. If they did know about the Styx it would most likely be from the trolls, or certain mystery cults related to water gods, who would all tell the Orlanthi the boatman is called Jeset.
<< Issaries is the psychopomp for the Orlanthi pantheon, i.e. the god who  guides souls to the afterlife. Whether he does the ferrying himself or  subcontracts the task to some suitable demigod has not been defined to my  knowledge.

In KOS on p.85 it states very plainly that "At the River of Swords, Issaries negotiated with Jeset the Ferryman for the fare passage for a live person across it."

kes