Re: Chaos [In the east]

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 01:22:05 GMT

Simon Hibbs:
> Perhaps I should have taken a copy of the myth of the month, but I don't
> think that's playing the game.....

You're right, I'd have to Sternly Reprimand you if I thought you'd done such a thing! Don't let me catch _any_ of you doing this, or, eh... um... Let me get back to you once I ask Greg whether my Official Expert Rocker Launcher is in the post.

> Accepted, but [ShangHsa] does this several times, manifesting in several
> forms some of which by implication were not antigods.

The story basically says he becomes an antigod when he did this to Gilamdestau's son (i.e., his own) son. Prior incarnations weren't antigods, or at least not _self-evidently_ antigodly.

> The implication I took
> was that a transcended being could manifest as a god or an antigod -
> i.e. they are above such distinctions.

I understand that rather, the 'gods' are those who are 'on track' to becoming transcended beings, and 'antigods' are entities who are 'off message'. Antigods may be redeemed, though (the Dogsalu myth has also been previewed on the web site, hasn't it?). In a sense, the _truly_ transcended beings, the High Gods, _are_ above the distinction, but that's not what's happening here, I don't think.

Note that the terminology of High Gods, Gods, and Antigods is of 'Vithelan' (i.e., East Isles) origin. A Kralori would probably recognise the terms, and know what you _meant_, but would insist that these were misperceptions of a draconic reality.

Slan,
Alex.