Orlanthi and sex

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 19:14:44 +0200 (EET)

Good job Pam and Jane. People (the gamers) seem to forget the basic differences between the Orlanthi and say, medieval Europe, all too often. The orlanthi are stormy end emotional (especially the men) and sexuality often gives rise to strong emotions (beside the obvious too). I'm sure there are quite enough of feuds and cases of "let's go beat up the bastard" goin on, but...

The Orlanthi don't see sex as something sinful! Marriage are often, but not always monogamous (remember Ernalda) I seem to recall, and pre marital sex is definitely nothing wrong. The men tend to be the gender to spend a lot of their time and energy mooning over a lass, while the girls are usually brought up to be more level headed... I still think they are usually appreciative, if a bit amused by these admirers.

A lot of the above difference between genders could come from the fact that the girls are tought a lot more by their mothers and female relatives. While the boys are more let to find things out as they go, with just the wild fanciful stories of older boys and men to guide them.
*smile*

This would result in the society continuously acting out the legends of Orlanth wooing Ernalda. With the girls actually being on the case, and the lads being very enthusiastic and amusing.

just my two claks.

        -Mikko, the Adept

"thinker, dreamer and adventurer"

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #415