Re: maps; GTA

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:36:00 -0800

Ashley Munday's wife has a good memory:

> David Dunham said: "While on the subject of maps, Greg Stafford has asked me
> to be Map Coordinator"
>
> My wife saw this Digest this morning and said (I paraphrase with expletives
> deleted) "Didn't he advocate some sort of nodey thing for maps? We're all
> doomed!"

And I still do. But while a digraph of a city is a usable and practical play aid, it's no substitute for a good map of the countryside.

Just because I can draw as well as Dave Dobyski doesn't mean I will be doing the maps for future Hero Wars products!

Alex Ferguson wrote:

> That's what, > $5k, and presumably enough to
> just about pay for publishing about the first book?

My understanding of the plan is that there will no books published until it's possible to do five of them -- there's no point in coming out with a cool RPG and then not having any support or marketing. (The planned five will be Hero Wars, player's books for Lunars and Orlanthi, a Sartar guide, and a guide to Glorantha.)

BTW, the design is not yet final, but it looks like the Charter Member t-shirt will feature artwork from the "King of Dragon Pass" computer game. (By Damon Brown, not me.)