Sex Lives of the Kitori

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 20:08:05 +0800

>As we all know, when two Orlanthi are married, they would never
>dream of sleeping with other people, right?
>
>KoS p174:
>"...King Vurgunzon incited all of his wife's lovers to attack the Kurtali
>clan at once."
>Now admittedly this is the Kitori, who are anything but standard
>Orlanthi. But it does make one think.

        As Jose says, they have a human king, and a troll queen, married ritually, but happy to acknowledge the others lovers (at least, they are happy to find an alternative to doing it themselves). The Kings wife's lovers are the toughest of the Kitori Uz.

        My article on the Kitori was nearly published in Drastic Darkness, but was gregged at the last stop. I am still not sure what Greg didn't like, or even if he just wanted the Kitori left alone for a while.

David Weihe
>One of these days I am going to HAVE to write up that monograph "Coming
>of Age Among the Kitori" to nail down just how unstandard Kitori sex
>lives are (think interspecies infertility, oriface size differentials,
>and smaller thus more deft fingers and tongues). Also, remember that
>they are on the border with the Queendoms, where polyandry is common
>among the upper classes.

        I do not believe that interspecies sex is at all common among the Kitori, and I'm not sure it occurs at all. Polyandry, on the other hand, is probably not uncommon, and interspecies marriages may well occur fairly often.

        My standard response whenever anyone comes up with an idea that I think is unlikely to be true but thats clever and cool nonetheless, though, is that its not true but SOMEONE believes it. As Alex suggests, I bet the Night Jumpers will tell you all about it, not to mention the Sun Domers.

        Cheers

                David