Re: GTA

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:17:54 -0800

Ashley Munday

> am I right in thinking that we're expected to shell out $105
> (paying by plastic) for essentially one game retailing for about $30?

Phil Hibbs

> That's right, basically they're saying "Please give us loads of money, and
> we'll make a pitiful token gesture of thanks, oh, and please have a hard
> time doing it if you're not American".

What we tried to do, in the fact of the illegality of the original plan*, was come up with a way that the fans can help bring more Gloranthan products to market. (Many of us fans have of course created our own products, but most game stores will never carry them, and the number of Glorantha fans won't increase.)

The GTA isn't some sort of discount club, or a subscription plan. It's a way that Issaries, Inc. can recognize its patrons of the arts. When the games hit the stores, future development will be funded by actual revenue.

Finally, here's a message from Greg: "Hey international folks, please wait a day or two until we get a transfer situation worked out."