Orlanthi in Ralios

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 12:44:44 +1300

Morgan Conrad:

>Yes, I realize that this is actually Greg's fault, bne thing I've frankly
>NEVER understood about East Ralios is why the heck there are any Orlanthi
>there at all. In reality, it's about as far away from Sartar as possible,
>given that all the mountains are impassable!

Three passes exist. One through Dorastor, one through Pralorela and one through the Mislari (which is now lost). Orlanthi worship was spread by the Lightbringers in the Dawn Age when those passes were free to them.

There was ample communication with Dragon Pass during the Imperial Age although it appeared to involve flying which seems to be easier for the EWF then than it is now.

>In the First Age, the whole area was overrun by Gbaji and Arkat, and
>it's now heavily inluenced by westerners and trolls.

Not really relevant. Dragon Pass itself was overrun by Gbaji and Arkat and heavily influenced by Uz. There are still Orlanthi there.