Re: Ralian Orlanthi?

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:34:15 EST

Morgan Conrad:

<< Yes, I realize that this is actually Greg's fault, b[ut o]ne thing I've
frankly NEVER understood about East Ralios is why the heck there are any Orlanthi there at all. In reality, it's about as far away from Sartar as possible, given that all the mountains are impassable! Zero communications with the Orlanthi heartland in Sartar.>>

      Not so. The Haranding Orlanthi could have entered Ralios via Pralorela, which is right next to Wenelia, which is not only an Orlanthi land but also happens to be next to Dragon Pass. Or they *could* have come through Kartolin Pass, although that seems less likely to me.

<< I was involved in helping create one of the first Ralios maps (along with
Jurek Chodak, formerly of Chaosium), many of the ideas of which have been kept in official pubs, but out of 4 of us nobody ever said "gee, it's so logical to have Orlanthi here".>>

      True, it isn't immediately obvious that there would be. But I can't see any good reason why there wouldn't be, either. They certainly aren't as remote as the Orlanthi of Umathela, for instance...

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky