Issaries plans

From: Ashley Munday <Ashley.Munday_at_liffe.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 10:58:42 -0000

Sergio is obviously insane:
		Glorantha fiction - I hope you will start a line comics
		also. These will be a must for GMs and role players.

We need a singing, dancing, or at least limping and staggering RPG first! Then they can worry about the peripheral bits. There again Dave "My maps were good, honest Guv'nor" Dobyski could no doubt do some illustrations of some large breasted Wind Children (didn't this man ever hear of Aerodynamics???) for a song.

Ah, hang on, the first comment was just an aberration, the next comment is far more sane:

		What about skirmish and battle wargames?
		These may push the miniatures market.

A decent set of skirmish rules would appeal to many of the old RQ gits out there. There again, most wargamers eventually end up making their own figures. If you want to see what a Gloranthan Alchemist looks like, go into the kitchen of an Ancient Wargamer using his best saucepan to melt lead in so he can make 70 figures.

Part of the next idea is the best of the post (insanity well hidden now):

		Why not include in all computer games a 'bonus'
		pdf basic version of Hero Wars with instructions
		on how to continue gaming without a computer?
		This may drive computer games fans into
		paper and pencil RPG fans.

Perhaps even include a mirror of appropriate bits of the Issaries Website on the CD (like the Lhankor Mhy library) for those poor souls that aren't connected to the Internet at home to give them some more detailed background. As for the cut down RPG, you'd have to make sure it wasn't that it was just complete enough so that people tried it and not so complete that they didn't at least think about buying the full rules.

Ash