Illumination

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 11:48:38 +1300

Morgan Conrad:

>What cults, other than Red Goddess, Nysalor, and Arkat, actively encourage
>members to become Illuminated?

Firstly a caveat: There are many states of mystical awareness similar to Illumination but not all of them are recognizable by each other (for example, an Arkati would not recognize himself as being an illuminate). So I'll deal with cults that teach some form of mystical awareness.

The EWF were mystics and the Dragonewts still are. Some people have said that the Elves are mystics but they always seemed to be shamanistic to me.

There are quite a few obscure cults in Peloria which deal with some form of illumination. The High Gods of Pelanda (in Northwestern Peloria) is the best known.

There are many eastern cults which teach Illumination (of sorts), such as the Emperor. However there's too many for me to give a complete list.

>Of less interest to me, but perhaps of interest to the list, what Western
>Sects encourage Illumination? (I guess Arkat is a sect, how about others?)

Virtually none, apart from Arkat. Illumination is a bad thing.