Axolotl

From: Ash n' Sue <ashleym_at_telinco.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 00:44:00 -0000

Trotsky reminded me of the Axolotl:

> The Axolotl is one of many salamanders which can't be bothered to
grow
> lungs...

That's the puppy! Lazy Mexican Swine not being bothered to evolve properly. He goes on to destroy my pathetic fantasies...

> I'm dubious that such newtlings exist, since they'd need a large fresh-
> water lake to live in (there are examples of such lakes, I admit, but no
> evidence that they have newtlings in them).

I was thinking of the Elf Sea in the Elder Wilds as being a good place for them
to lurk about. It's big enough to have some amphibian Nessy species hanging about with only old Elf Sea dogs knowing about them.

> ...according to any of the official sources, which agree that they can
> indeed survive in arid conditions, by virtue of the water stored in their
> tails.

Oops, bugger, forgot about the tails. ~slaps own wrist~

Ash