Those not-very-Orlanthi?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 04:28:29 GMT

David Dunham:
> If Arkat's Empire were a true empire, it wouldn't be concerned about
> spreading its culture, only its rule.

I remain iffy about this definition of a 'true empire', but leaving that aside for now, the _effect_ of an empire is to spread chunks of its culture, regardless of whether it's 'concerned' with doing so or not. Counterexamples welcome.

That Delela and its eastern Ralian neighbours remain "Orlanthi" during this time I find to be perfectly credible, for some of the other reasons articulated (and because 'Orlanthi' is such a vague term...), but I don't find the 'cosily federal empire' argument at all convincing.

Slan,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #428