Re: Newtlings

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 04:17:23 GMT

Trotsky reckons:
> something could be done with the ancient Chinese belief that salmanders are
> baby dragons (some oriental salamanders are quite large, and make the
> Hellbender look rather puny). While I doubt that this is genuinely the case in
> Glorantha there ought to be some link between oriental salamanders and at
> least one Kralorelan True Dragon, IMO. After all, why should all of them make
> fire-breathing Dream Dragons and nothing else? Such salamanders would have a
> few nifty magical water-powers, of course, and not just be the natural sort.

I'm not sure what sort of link you have in mind -- that they're the offspring of watery dream dragons, or something along those lines? Not quite sure where you're going with this one...

I agree with you that a Firey connection is not inevitable for Dragons generically -- look at the Thrunhin Da, most obviously. What he dreams of, no-one is currently saying, mind you...

Slan,
Alex.