Re: maps; empires

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 06:57:02 -0800

My suspicion is that there were some great maps made by the Empire of the Middle Sea.

They were Westerners, so they liked maps. They were traders, so they needed sea charts, at the least. They were Orlanthi and cared little for "proper" uses of flying. Surely some grad student at the University of Yoranday was assigned to make accurate maps of both the physical world AND the hero plane, for purposes of correlation.

Alex Ferguson

> the _effect_ of an empire is to spread chunks of its
> culture, regardless of whether it's 'concerned' with doing so or not.
> Counterexamples welcome.

The Incans were unable to spread their religious practices to the Moche, even though they didn't approve of the latter's.